Monday, January 28, 2008

In Memory of A Spiritual Hero


Well, my heart is full today.
President Hinckley died last night at +\- 7:00 pm at his apartment with friends and family. He truly was a prophet of God and his legacy will continue to influence us all through the millennium. He was one of my greatest heroes whose constant encouragement to keep the commandments fortified my soul. What a great example. He was busy doing the Lord’s work until he died. Just a few weeks before, he dedicated the capitol building after its extensive renovation and seismic upgrade. Just as engineers could lift up and strengthen the building against the elements, so President Hinckley has strengthened the Church against the tempests and tremors of the world if we will but heed his teachings. And now we move forward, I believe he would be frustrated to see us morn his physical death, for he is now more alive than he has ever been. What a great reception he must have had into the spirit world and the arms of the Father and The Son.

1 comment:

Lael said...

I really liked the thoughts that you shared. You have some wonderful insights into the life of this wonderful prophet. I am so happy for him to be back with his beloved wife again and have a rest from the heavy responsibility of leadership that he has carried so very well for so many years. He is my hero too. I gained so much strength from his example during the years I served in leadership positions and reflected often on his energy to "carry on" and his desire for reaching out to those who were struggling and continual reminders of being grateful and forgiving.