Friday, December 7, 2007

Dallas 2007 - Day 2

Day 2 in Dallas was fun. It is hard not to miss the kids. Marthe got a bit bored in the morning, but we had lunch together and then they had a shuttle to the Dallas Galleria Mall for the afternoon. She and Sadie walked around and had fun there. Below are some pictures of the 4-story christmas tree and the ice rink at its base.


I had meetings in the morning and in the afternoon. The last meeting of the day held quite the surprise. A lot of awards were given out. Two awards were given out for excellence in sustainable design. I was surprised when they called my name. I'm not designing much, but I'm doing a lot of nagging about how we can design green in the firm. I have been working on a tracking/navigation system for projects that may help in the way HKS decides to direct its future. It is fun to be involved even if none of my ideas are used. Anyway, they appreciate the help. I guess I was surprised to see how much they appreciated it. Another guy I've been working will from Dallas won the second of two awards for excellence in sustainable design. Hopefully in the future it will be very hard to pick winners for this award because everyone is excelling at sustainable design. That would be the real achievement.



1 comment:

Julie Baldwin said...

WAY TO GO!!! Top star--Devin just made that up. (Yah, I don't really get it either.) You've always been great! That is a cool looking award.